Friday, January 18, 2008

The Great Debate: PS3 or X-Box 360?

It's been firing up in my mind for this last year.
Should I buy an X-Box 360 or should I get a Playstation 3.
I've been an EGM subscriber since 1993 and trust their views and opinions. Historically (these past years) the 360 has had an edge gaming-wise in the magazine. Games ARE JUST BETTER on the 360 as in they look better, they run faster, they load faster and the XBox Live just plainly kicks ass.

BUT the Playstation has something the the 360 lacks...

BLURAY!

Yep, I'm a movie buff and a gamer but I have to admit that I definitely watch more movies than play games (at least lately!). So I'm more inclined on buying a PS3. Now, this post is not to preach or tell you which is the best but my summary is:

If YOU like GAMES, get the X-Box 360.
You'll have a lot of variety and great games like BioShock, Gears of War, Halo, Project Gotham Racing, Crackdown, Virtua Fighter 5 (with online support), Call of Duty 4 (also available in PS3 but it looks better, plays better and fully use the XBOX live interface), Ace Combat 6, etc. etc.

But if YOU like MOVIES, get the PS3.
Just think of having a Blu-Ray player that also plays Divx movies (with the latest firmware update), and it's a good game machine with games like Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, and upcoming ones like Metal Gear Solid 4, FF XIII, etc. it sure does looks good.

But for a really good comparison page, check out:

PS3 vs XBOX 360

And DECIDE FOR YOURSELF!!!


See you later...

I'll tell you tomorrow if I bought either one of those (if I can find them! :-p)

No comments: