Monday, October 26, 2009

DecalGirl PS3 Skin Kit

Hello everyone!

So a friend of mine at work was doing what we all usually do at work (browse the net -- don't tell anyone!) and stumbled on a website selling different skins for a bunch of gadgets and gaming consoles (Xbox, DS, PSP, iPods, etc.)

DecalGirl.com

Since he owns a PS3 he started looking at some of the custom skins they had there and sent me his choice via e-mail. I thought: "WTF!?! The PS3 is a gorgeous console (although big and heavy as hell) why would you butcher it by applying some God-awful skin?" After 5 minutes looking at some designs, I was ready to order one! hehehehe Oh the irony! And since, well, like I've said before, I'm compulsive, I ordered one.



Decided on "World Killer" (since I enjoy all those space/sci-fi themes anywhere (be it art, movies, etc.)

World Killer PS3 Theme



Now, as you can see in the pictures, it arrives in a neat package (both the console and controller skins). Also, the PS3 kit is divided in 3 parts: Main Console, Memory Card compartment and Power/Eject area strip. Picture/graphics quality is excellent and I can tell you that their "Guarantee" is real. I did NOT see any smudging, nor fading as of now.

Installation:

My GOOOOODDDD what a pain in the ass this was to put on! lol
I think I spent half an hour to try and put the "main" part of the skin on my PS3 and I still ended up with air bubbles all over the place! :-( Slowly but surely I could put it MOSTLY correct. They have "instructions" on the website but what I would really recommend is: GET ANOTHER PERSON TO HELP!!!!


(you can see that one section was botched up on this picture!!! lol)



Anyway, if you get anyone to help, this can be done in like 10 minutes and your PS3 will look just like you want it without spending a lot of money.



The controller skin was actually easier to put than the main console one. It looks like a great quality skin and does not feel uncomfortable at all when playing. Hopefully that one will not smudge or fade because of the constant use (also, another good point, these skins will not leave ugly, sticky "glue" on your console if you decide to remove them in the future -- at least that's what they say! hehehe).

Now to the most important question: DO I recommend this?

Answer: Hell Yeahhh.

If you are looking to give an extra ooommmpphh to your PS3 or whatever gadget, find a skin that suits you, that you like and try it. These skins are fairly cheap (I'm surprised because they seem to be of very high quality!!) so you wont be feeling "buyer's remorse" if you decide that you don't like it later!

All in all, Thumbs Up!!!


Check it peeps!

1 comment:

Pauline Kennedy said...

Best accessories highly recommend this product. The product look like a nonslip surface is great for providing better grip and enhance gaming experience.This accessories helps keep the body in a perfect condition.
From HTC one cases